Befriending Through Transport day trips in 2023 from Nidderdale Plus Community Hub
Published: 01 March 2023
Nidderdale Plus has organised a number of social bus trips through 2023 and has asked the Parish Council to advertise details of these on its website.
DAY TRIPS OUT: 2023
All trips in the Nidd Plus Minibus, with a coordinator in attendance. CALL 01423 714953 to book. Pre-booking essential. Let us know if you need picking up from one of the villages.
1. Wednesday 25th January: Market Trip Skipton, £10 Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 10.30am, and returns from Skipton around 3pm.
2. Wednesday 1st February: Stephen Smith Garden Centre Otley, £10 Chance to have lunch and browse the plants and home accessories and gifts . Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 10.30am, and leaves Otley around 3pm.
3. Wednesday 8th March: Salts Mill, Saltaire, & Wetherby Whaler, £10* Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 10am, and leaves Guiseley around 3pm. (*Lunch price not included in trip price)
4. Wednesday 19th April: Saltburn and "Cliff Lift", £15 Trip to Saltburn with planned lunch stop* at the Sea View Restaurant on the sea front Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 9.30am, and departs Saltburn at 3pm. (*Lunch price not included in trip price)
5. Wednesday 10th May: Bluebells Canal Trip and Lunch Skipton, £35 Lovely day out during the bluebell season on Leeds Liverpool canal on "Endeavour" barge. Price includes exclusive use of the barge, refreshments and afternoon tea-in-a-box. Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 9.30am, and departs Skipton around 3pm.
6. Wednesday 7th June: Whitby, £15 Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 9.00am, and departs Whitby around 3pm. Let us know if you need picking up from one of the villages.
7. Wednesday 12th July: Piece Hall, Halifax, £12.50 Trip to enjoy looking round and shopping at the iconic Piece Hall. Also a chance to learn about the history & heritage though visiting "Heritage Spaces" at Piece Hall. Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 10.00am, and departs Halifax around 3pm.
8. Wednesday 16th August: Nunnington Hall & Helmsley, £20* Trip to the National Trust manor house and gardens, near Helmsley. *Ticket price includes entry to the Hall. Chance to have lunch in Helmsley on the way back. Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 10.30am, and departs Helmsley around 3pm.
9. Saturday 30th September: Masham Sheep Fair, £10 The Sheep Fair plays host to a rich variety of other attractions and activities and is a great day out. Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 10.30am, and departs Masham around 3pm.
10. Wednesday 11th October: M&S "Marks in Time" Leeds, £12.50 Trip to the Marks & Spencer archive in Leeds to learn more about the history of M&S. Trip includes a 40 minute talk (inc refreshments) about the archive and a chance to browse the exhibition of over 71,000 items dating from 1884 to the present day. A lunch stop is planned on the way back at Murgatroyds Fish & Chip restaurant, Yeadon. Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 9.30am, and departs Yeadon around 3pm.
11. Wednesday 15th November. Boundary Mill, Colne, £12.50 Christmas shopping trip to shop all the top brands at Boundary Mill outlet centre in Colne. Bus departs Nidd Plus, Pateley Bridge, at 10am, and departs Colne around 3pm.
12. Wednesday 13th December, Outside Inn (Millstones), Darley, Christmas Dinner Details still to be confirmed re price and other details. Please get in touch with us nearer the time or look on our website or Facebook page for updates. www.nidderdaleplus.org.uk
TO BOOK: CALL 01423 714953 TO RESERVE A SPACE ON ANY OF OUR TRIPS. WE WILL CONTACT YOU ONE MONTH BEFORE THE DATE OF THE TRIP TO TAKE PAYMENT.